In this topic, we will focus on the proper timing of the change of bed linen.
We rarely think about this issue, changing bedding as we feel comfortable. It also plays a role, as we have been taught to do this in the family. But both of these criteria do not give the correct answer. But the frequency of linen changes affects not only our health, condition and mood, but also other aspects of our lives. Therefore, in this topic we will raise such a seemingly insignificant, but extremely important question:
How often to change bedding at home?
Each of us is pleased to have a shower or bath at night and go to bed in a clean bed. After all, we have repeatedly noticed that it smells especially, and positive thoughts come. In addition, the aroma of fresh bedding contributes to quick falling asleep with good dreams. And most importantly - a dream in a clean bed is exceptionally strong, and in the morning you wake up rested and alert!
A clean bed not only shines, but also smells of freshness!
From this, the conclusion is simple - the more often bed linens are changed, the more useful it is for our condition and health!
Why is it necessary to change bed linen in a timely manner or what is the danger of an untimely change?
- But the accelerated rhythm of our lives, employment at work, and the financial issue, unfortunately, rarely give us the opportunity to monitor the cleanliness of the bed and change it daily. Therefore, you should limit yourself to recommendations - do it in 7-10 days.
- Especially if it is a marital bed that you share in two, or a baby bed. After all, a bed is an ideal incubator for all kinds of viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms. And getting and multiplying on our underwear, we can’t avoid them even with daily bathing.
- Harmful microorganisms accumulated in bed penetrate the pores of the body, and able to cause various diseases. And with their constant inhalation, mucosal irritation, immune suppression occurs, allergies and even asthma can develop. And we will not even guess that the reason for this is just stale linen.
- A dirty bed can cause neurodermatitis and eczema, as well as lead to chronic forms of rhinitis and other diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- The most common enemy of our health, living in our bed - this is a bed (linen) tick. These are so small microorganisms that they cannot be seen with the naked eye, but they have such a concentration and multiply so quickly that they can harm our health.
- One gram of dust contains up to one hundred of these microorganisms. They have special suction cups, because of which they cannot be pulled out or vacuumed. Each adult defecates about twenty times a day - exactly these products of their vital activity become for humans the strongest allergen.
- It is very difficult to get rid of them, even boiling linen and processing furniture with special means does not give a guaranteed result, but their number can be significantly reduced, up to complete disposal, by frequently changing bed linen.
- In addition, on our sleeping set, in the fabric textures you will find:
- pollen of plants, if there are flowers in the house;
- mold, which is often a consequence of bacteria;
- in the presence of pets there is also wool, and maybe even worms;
- and also keratinous parts of the skin, and not only yours;
- the same face or hand cream that only activates the mixing of this entire composition.
- No less dangerous center is a pillow. Even timely pillowcase change not able to properly protect it from ticks, dust and keratinized parts. And add to this natural hair fat or possible dandruff.
- Therefore, they need to be looked after at least once a year, that is, to carry out washing and high-quality drying. Especially the feather pillow needs this, about the washing rules of which you can read in the material "How to wash a pillow from a pen?".
- By the way, if you are used to washing your hair in the morning, then the pillowcase should be changed every 2-3 days. And do not forget that not only cosmetics elements remain on it, microscopic particles of which remain even after thorough washing, but also hair care products.
How long does it take to change bed linen?
Important: The optimum frequency for changing a bed set can be considered periodicity - 1 time per week in the summer and once every 2 weeks in the winter. But in this case, it is necessary to monitor the timely change of pajamas, that is, once a week.
- Small children and sick people allergies, asthma or any chronic disease, you should change the bed more often - once every 2-3 days.
- If a child or an adult has an infectious inflammation, for example flu or chickenpox, then a change of kit should be done every day!
- Preschoolers or primary school students You can change a little less often - 1 time in 10 days. It is noted that they do not pollute it so much.
- But teens in connection with hormonal changes and increased work of the sebaceous glands - you need to change 2 times a week.
- Newborn linen can be changed once a week. But the diaper that you cover with on top must be carefully monitored and immediately removed with the slightest regurgitation or contamination. Up to the point that you will change it 2-4 times a day. Even if it is clean, change it every day. After all, the baby has not yet formed sufficiently immunity.
- Washing should be carried out at a water temperature of at least 60 ° C, preferably dried with hot air in a car or in the open sun, if weather permits.
- But each type of laundry has its own washing rules, which you can read about in the article. "How to wash bedding."
- Of course, to comply with these recommendations, you should have at least 2-3 sets of bed linen. And when buying bedding, give preference only to natural materials, the best of which are traditionally considered linen, cotton and satin. After all, these materials are the most hygienic, pleasant to the touch and durable, withstanding up to 300 or more washings.