The causes of cracks in the toes and methods of treatment. Overview of ointments and recipes for traditional medicine from cracks in the toes.
Cracks in the toes can cause some serious illness or indicate improper care for your skin, and nutritional errors. In this article, we will explain why there are cracks in the toes and how to cure them.
Deep, non-healing cracks and peeling of the skin on the toes, near the nail, on the pads, phalanges, between the fingers: causes
The causes of cracks are large.
- Not specific. Caused not by some serious disease, but provoked by a person. Here you can highlight the wrong diet, insufficient water, low humidity, that is, the feet constantly sweat in shoes, improperly selected shoes, lack of vitamins in the body. Accordingly, to deal with cracks in the legs that are provoked by these causes is much easier than with serious ailments. In girls, cracks in the toes can occur due to improper foot care, that is, incorrect pedicure. Excessive removal of skin on the legs, due to which the epidermis thickens and cracks appear.
- Specific. That is, caused by certain ailments. Most often, the causes of cracks in the toes are fungal diseases, that is, mycoses. The most interesting thing is that they can appear in people of both young age and advanced. But more often affect people in their age, due to the weakening of the immune system.
Cracks in the legs
We do not recommend the use of ointments that fight against fungal diseases, eczema and other ailments without consulting a dermatologist. Because these medications can harm your body. It is best to contact a dermatologist if there are cracks, who will conduct a series of studies, take a scraping, pieces of skin from your legs, and send them for analysis. Then it will be known exactly why cracks formed on the legs. If this is a fungal disease, the dermatologist will prescribe certain medications and ointments that will fight the fungus.
What to do with cracks in the fingers and between the toes in adults and children: treatment
Of course, if the skin on your legs is dry, there are cracks that do not bleed, you may need to adjust your nutrition, make the shoes more comfortable. The following are recommendations to help deal with shallow cracks at the initial stage of their occurrence:
- Use emollients. After each bath, it is necessary to apply on the heels and skin of the toes, between them, a softening cream. Cream can be distinguished Healer, Green Pharmacy. They contain cedar oil and other nutrients that prevent the skin from drying out.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. This applies not only to coffee, it is advisable to drink clean, mineral water without gas.
- Change the shoes. The pinky should not be allowed to rub very strongly on the shoes and fit snugly on it. Crossing of fingers is also not allowed, due to a narrow, uncomfortable toe.
- If you have a general dry skin, take a course of treatment with vitamin A. It is sold in capsules at a pharmacy and is very inexpensive.
- Control the humidity in the room. Get a humidifier at home and at work. Make sure that the humidity does not fall below 60%. Finger cracks often occur due to dry air.
- Use special ointments and emollients to treat cracked legs.
- Use baths and decoctions to treat cracks.
- Use traditional medicine. It can be ointments and compresses, as well as a variety of decoctions.
The best ointments for cracks in the fingers and between the toes: a list, method of application
To treat cracks in the toes and between them, you can use a number of ointments. Their main advantage is that they are well applied and act directly at the site of the lesion. Not absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract.
Overview of ointments:
Zinc. A universal remedy that is often used for suppuration, as well as bacterial infections. The main difference is that it disinfects the surface well, kills bacteria, fungi, as well as viruses, and promotes rapid healing.Zinc ointment
Salicylic ointment. It contains salicylic acid. Often used for eczema and psoriasis, as well as a variety of bacterial skin lesions. It can be used when cracks appear on the toes, as well as between them. Effective against cracking on the heels.Salicylic ointment
Balm Healer. It has a creamy consistency, contains a large number of essential oils, as well as herbal decoctions. It softens the skin, makes it softer, and also helps exfoliate coarsened particles.Balm Healer for legs
Balzamed. A product that contains lactic acid. It helps exfoliate rough skin. In addition, the composition of the product contains essential, healing oils that soften the epidermis and fight against cracks and corns. It is not recommended to use if the wound is bleeding.Balzamed
Radevit. The ointment consists of a large number of vitamins, so it is advisable to use it with a deficiency of nutrients in the body. Promotes rapid healing of cracks, as well as the normalization of water-lipid metabolism in the epidermis.Radevit
Gevol. An interesting and unusual tool. It differs in that it does not work to eliminate a specific cause, but helps to normalize water-lipid metabolism in the skin. Therefore, it prevents further evaporation of moisture from the skin and its cracking.Gevol
Folk remedies for the treatment of cracks in the fingers and between the toes: recipes
In addition to pharmacy products, alternative methods can be used to treat cracks in the toes. The most effective are ointments, which are made on the basis of beeswax, an extract of plant herbs, as well as eggs.
- Egg ointment. For its preparation, it is necessary to separate the protein from the yolk. The yolk, in turn, is mixed with 5 ml of apple cider vinegar and 20 ml of sunflower oil. Further, it is necessary to thoroughly beat everything until smooth. The paste must be applied to the affected areas, put plastic bags on the legs, and on top of them are woolen socks. With such compresses you must go to bed. Early in the morning, the legs are steamed, cracks and keratinized skin are removed with pumice. After that a moisturizer is applied.
- Bee ointment. It is created on the basis of propolis and beeswax. For its preparation, it is necessary to chop a large onion finely, fry in vegetable oil. Next, the mixture is filtered. It is necessary that the sunflower oil on which the onions were fried turns out to be 120 ml. This liquid is mixed with 50 ml of beeswax, one pea of propolis is introduced. The mixture is placed in a water bath, and stirred until the components are completely dissolved. Pour the paste into a dark container, store in the refrigerator. Apply at night.
- Plantain ointment. It is necessary to grind one teaspoon of grass of dry plantain into powder and add a couple of drops of oil. Next, inject petroleum jelly into the mixture. It is necessary for 1 part plantain with oil 10 parts Vaseline. When the paste becomes homogeneous, grease damaged areas with it. The ointment is applied twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. It is advisable to steam the skin before application and wipe it dry.
- Onion oil. It is necessary to chop 2 large onions and fry in vegetable oil. Strain the mixture and add a few drops of sea buckthorn essential oil. This substance is rubbed cracks twice a day. You can do nightly healing compresses. For this, cotton wool is impregnated in oil and applied to the affected areas. Next, put on linen socks and sleep with these compresses.
How to treat cracks in the fingers and between the toes of aloe and sea buckthorn oil?
Sea buckthorn is an effective treatment for cracks in the toes. With its help, it is possible to soften the cracks, as well as contribute to their healing.
Recipes for aloe and sea buckthorn:
- For treatment, before going to bed, soak your feet in warm water with a small amount of baking soda. Dry and apply sea buckthorn oil, put on top of the bag, and then woolen socks. Wash your feet in the morning.
- Another great remedy for treating cracked heels is aloe. To use it, it is necessary to withstand the leaves for several hours in the refrigerator. After that, a leaf is cut along and applied to damaged places. It is advisable to steam your feet in warm water with the addition of a small amount of soap. Applications from aloe leave for about 2-3 hours, you can all night.
- To achieve really good results, it is necessary to use sea buckthorn oil and aloe every other time. That is, for one night you make a compress of aloe, for the second you make compresses of sea buckthorn. The course of treatment is 10 days.
How much to treat cracks in the big toes and between the toes?
The effectiveness of the ointment depends on the neglect of the disease, its cause. If the cracks are caused by improper heel care, then you can quickly deal with cracks, as well as peeling in the area of the fingers and between them. If the damage is caused by a fungus, then their treatment with alternative methods may be ineffective.
Regarding medicines, the treatment period is selected according to the instructions and usually is 7-14 days. Mycosis is treated longer. The duration of treatment may be more than 1 month. In order to increase the effectiveness of the ointment, antifungal drugs are recommended for oral administration. These are medicines like Ketoconazole, Nystatin, and Fluconazole. These drugs can not be taken without a doctor’s prescription, because the symptoms of the disease can be similar, and their causes differ. If you use alternative methods, ointments, and also compresses to eliminate cracks, then the average course of treatment is about 7-10 days.Cracks in the toes
Are they allowed into the pool with cracks in the fingers and between the toes?
Of course, if there is no serious damage, then no one will forbid going to the pool. You need to think about the fact that if cracks in the legs are caused by a fungus, then it will be quickly transmitted to other people, so you should refrain from visiting the pool until you are completely cured.
- Visits to the pool are contraindicated not only because you can infect other visitors. This is dangerous for himself. The fact is that in conditions of high humidity, as well as with an increase in the chlorine content in the water, the fungus becomes more aggressive and affects other fingers. Therefore, if you have cracks in only one area, after visiting the pool, the infection can go to other areas.
- If you are not sure about the cause of the cracks, but the possibility of fungal damage is excluded, fungal spores can get into these cracks. They often live in showers, pools. The pool is an excellent medium for the spread and propagation of fungal spores. Because in high humidity they live long enough and breed well.
- Many dermatologists recommend using their personal slippers when visiting rooms that are rented hourly or hotels, pools. Never step on the tiled floor with bare feet. After using slippers, wash them with soap and dry. Only then put in a bag, and before putting on clean, dry socks, apply on normal skin Miramistin. Will fit Chlorhexidine.
- For prevention, ointments based on ketoconazole and fluconazole. They interfere with the reproduction of the fungus. This way you will not get infected. If you yourself are a carrier of the fungus, we recommend that you refrain from visiting the pool. Before you recover, you will help spread the infection to other parts of the body.
Cracks in the fingers do not seem to be a dangerous phenomenon, but this is not so. Serious infection with the fungus can adversely affect the immune system, as well as disrupt the entire body. We recommend that you consult a doctor if cracks appear on your fingers and do not self-medicate.