Turmeric is not only a seasoning that gives dishes an original taste and color. Due to its unique composition, it is widely used in cosmetology. On the basis of this spice, various creams, masks and products for problem skin are made.
This spice has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties. It is part of oily and problem skin care products. Masks with this seasoning are widespread for healing wounds on the skin, lightening scars and removing redness from acne.
In addition, the composition of this spice includes a powerful antioxidant, curcumin. It protects skin cells from free radicals and prolongs its youth.
With the help of cosmetics, which includes turmeric, you can improve complexion, smooth small wrinkles and improve blood flow.
Turmeric face masks
Turmeric masks are a great way to give your skin a healthy complexion and smooth out problem areas. It can be used for any type of skin and for various purposes.
- For dry skin, you can prepare a mask with turmeric (1 teaspoon) and milk (1 tablespoon). This mask can be used for regular care. In order to increase the moisturizing effect, you can use fat milk or cream
- Another mask for dry skin with turmeric is prepared on the basis of olive oil. A pinch of turmeric is mixed with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. The mask is applied to dry skin and in a few steps you can get rid of peeling
- For mature skin from wrinkles, you can use a nourishing mask with honey and kefir. To do this, mix honey (1 teaspoon) and kefir (2 tbsp. Tablespoons). A pinch of turmeric is added to the resulting base. This mask has a lifting effect for mature skin.
- Using turmeric masks, you can remove the effects of scars and burns. Such a mask is prepared from pea flour (1 tbsp.spoon), cream (2 tbsp.spoons) and turmeric (1 tsp). Several applications of these masks will make the scars lighter and smaller in size.
- The simplest mask with this spice can be made by mixing turmeric diluted with water with tea tree essential oil. Such a cosmetic product is suitable for normal skin.
- But for oily skin, a mask based on oatmeal will be the best remedy. For one tablespoon of flour, you need to add half a teaspoon of turmeric. Before using the mask, the mixture should be diluted with water and applied to the skin.
Turmeric for rejuvenation
In the composition of the described spices there are a lot of antioxidants that prevent the aging of the body. In addition, turmeric contains such a phenolic compound as curcumin. It is to him that this spice owes its useful qualities. Curcumin prevents the destruction of cells by free radicals and prolongs the body's youth.
- In order to rejuvenate the body, you need to buy turmeric extract daily to use one capsule of this remedy. This will help not only to look great, but also to feel a few years younger
- As for appearance, you can rejuvenate the skin with a mask with powdered milk. To do this, turmeric is mixed with powdered milk in equal amounts and diluted with cold water to the optimal consistency. Keep such a mask on your face for about 10 minutes
Thanks to a study by the American Academy of Dermatology, today turmeric creams for wrinkles have become very popular. The specialists of this scientific center in their studies have proved the benefits of this spice for aging skin. According to them, cosmetic products for wrinkles, which include this spice, are 15% more effective than products that do not include turmeric.
Today it is not necessary to look for such products in beauty salons. They can be made independently. Moreover, their effectiveness will only benefit from this.
- One such remedy is a mask of equal parts of turmeric and rice flour mixed in milk or tomato juice. This mask should be applied to the face and washed off after 30 minutes
- Another wrinkle mask recipe. You need to take turmeric (3 tablespoons), honey (1 teaspoon) and cream (1 teaspoon). Mix the ingredients and apply on the face for 5-10 minutes
- To care for the skin does not necessarily use turmeric as masks and other cosmetics. It should be eaten more often. Then the effect of cosmetics will be even more noticeable
Due to such a compound as curcumin, the spice discussed in this article can be used as part of healing products for the skin. With turmeric, you can fight inflammation on the skin: acne and acne.
- A mask for white skin (2 tbsp.), Turmeric (1/2 teaspoon) and burnt alum (1/4 teaspoon) will be a good remedy for problematic skin. The ingredients must be mixed dry and placed in a closed jar. To make a mask for acne, you need a third of the mixture. It must be diluted with tonic or water and add 2 drops of tea tree oil
- The mask is applied for 10-15 minutes. Then washed off with cool water. Thanks to turmeric, this cosmetic product heals wounds well, cleans pores and prevents the appearance of new acne. For the treatment of acne, such a mask should be used 2 times a week
- Another acne mask recipe. To prepare it, mix turmeric (1 teaspoon) with a small amount of milk. The resulting mixture must be applied to the face and washed off after 30 minutes with warm water. Milk can be replaced with lime juice diluted in water
- Based on turmeric, you can make an excellent acne ointment. To do this, mix turmeric (1 teaspoon) with a small amount of jojoba oil, coconut or sesame. A ready-made remedy needs to be smeared with acne and left overnight. After several repetitions of inflammation will pass
How to make turmeric cream?
The simplest cream with turmeric is a mixture of this spice with petroleum jelly. Also, such creams can be made on the basis of milk or yogurt. And if you don’t want to experiment much, you can add a pinch of turmeric to any moisturizer.
Today you can not only make a cream with this spice on your own, but also buy it ready-made. Very well-recommended face cream Aasha herbals. This nourishing cream has an anti-inflammatory effect and protects the skin from irritation. This cosmetic product provides protection from sunlight, gives the skin a healthy color and silky smoothness.
Turmeric Body Soap
Soap, which includes turmeric, is very popular with all those involved in home soap making. Such a detergent will have a pleasant smell and color. And turmeric will give the soap an antibacterial and healing effect. It is not very difficult to make it and even a beginner can cope with this work. To prepare such a soap at home, you need:
- Melt the soap base in a water bath (100 g)
- Нужно teaspoon of turmeric should be gradually added to it. When adding, you need to mix the base, so that lumps do not form
- Now, without stopping mixing, add the base oil (1/3 teaspoon of jojoba oil or any other that you like best)
- As soon as the soap begins to thicken, add essential oil (6 drops) to it. Citrus oils are good in its quality.
- Mix and pour into molds. This soap can be used for any skin type.
How to use turmeric oil?
Aromatic oil from this spice can be found in various cosmetics and perfume compositions. It can be combined with clove oil, ylang-ylang, sage, frankincense, cinnamon and nutmeg. It smells of spices with woody and pepper shades.
- Due to its composition, turmeric oil is widely used in skin care products for normal or oily skin. You can use this oil in pure form for skin care after tanning.
- Use turmeric oil for inhalation. In aromatherapy, they are treated with increased mental stress and stress. You can use this tool for massages. To do this, mix 5-7 drops of this oil with any other vegetable oil
- To improve the quality of the cream or lotion, you can add 5 drops of this essential oil to 15 ml of the base
- You can use this oil to relieve inflammation. To do this, mix 10 ml of base oil with 5 drops of turmeric oil. In such a tool, you need to moisten gauze folded several times and put on redness
- As for contraindications, turmeric oil should not be buried in the ears and nose, nor should it be used in a steam room
Turmeric Hair Coloring
The described spice is widely used for hair coloring. In addition to giving the hair an original shade, this spice is capable of:
- Give hair silky and shine
- Eliminate inflammation of the scalp
- Strengthen hair follicles
IMPORTANT: This spice can be used as a means for hair growth. To do this, it is mixed in equal amounts with henna and cinnamon. You can add a little red pepper to this mixture. Such a tool should be used 3-4 times a month. In addition to accelerated hair growth, this tool can increase their strength, volume and shine.
- For dyeing hair with turmeric, you must follow the same rules as when working with hair dyes from the store. That is, you need to work with gloves and keep on your hair no more than 20-25 minutes
- With this spice, you can lighten hair in several tones. To do this, mix turmeric (5 g), a pharmacy chamomile (4 tablespoons) and a zest of two lemons. The mixture is poured with boiling water (800 ml) and infused. Then it should be applied evenly to dry hair and put on a hat
Turmeric for teeth whitening
The powder of this oriental spice is often used to lighten the skin. But, it can also be used for home teeth whitening. There are several recipes for making them dazzling. One of them is like that.
- You need to take turmeric, salt and lemon juice and mix the ingredients to the consistency of a thick paste. She needs to brush her teeth no more than once a day. The course of clarification using this spice should not exceed 2 weeks
- With sensitive enamel, lemon juice should be excluded from such a product. Its acid is extremely dangerous for the teeth. If you are afraid for their condition, then you can just clean them with turmeric powder. No added salt and lemon juice
Turmeric for the face: tips and reviews
Maria. I add this spice to the clay mask. I apply on my face once a month. Such a mask very well removes redness and inflammation on the skin. A great way, if not getting rid of blackheads, then certainly reducing their number. By the way, after such a mask it would be nice to make a steam bath. Improves the effect.
Sveta. I don’t know how with clay, but I did such a mask. I mixed turmeric, honey and milk. Applied to the skin, and then wiped with a tonic. The yellow color disappeared and the skin became lighter.